OTHER LEARNING ISSUES:
- ADHD: Neurologically-based disorder. Might be hyperactive, have difficulty focusing, be fidgety or impulsive.
- Dysgraphia: Makes the act of writing difficult. Can lead to problems with spelling, poor handwriting, and putting thoughts on paper.
- Disorder of Written Expression: Thoughts might move faster than writing words. Difficulty organizing and sequencing ideas. May have difficulty note-taking. Can be associated with language or perceptual-motor deficits or additional learning disabilities.
- Dyslexia: A language-based learning disability. May have problems with identifying the separate speech sounds within a word and/or learning how letters represent those sounds. Words can jump or look distorted. May struggle with word meanings.
- Autism: Language-based disorder. May have difficulty with speech sounds, vocabulary meaning, reading comprehension (abstract thinking), fluency, expressive thought and speech and focusing.